I was recently hired as coordinator of activities in a nursing home for the elderly. Some of them have dementia, some of them are totally dependent on wheelchairs and assistance in everything they do and some are perfectly fine, besides being of the elderly. I have not done before and hard to make things happen and please so many people I am! I would like some idea of someone, pleeeease. Thank you very much:) Hi, I'm a support worker SpellForce community, speaking different experiance things seem to work to help the elderly. Domino and projects are generally a good activity to occupy their time as many older people have played this during their free time for themselves. Once you've created a work for the timelines, which ordered the photos and life events (as big as marriage, birth, child, grandchild, etc), then added more staff in terms of days special days of pensions or anything else that is special to them. Run or entertainment ran by the elderly themselves are a great way to get people out of themselves, that is, when someone used to play piano, guitar or something. You can also order a local school / Brownies / Scouts to come and put a little show for them to organize? Hope that helps. Good luck x Some could play Monopoly or cards with each other, and some were able to draw pictures with crayons. And there are games that I used at summer camp to play around the fire: one person starts a story, then the next, and it goes around until it's really fun. And have a little background music 50-80 (or oldies radio). I had a list of activities years ago and it was the most rewarding job I ever had. Let me first say that these fine people deserve respect for all. Many times they are treated and counted as a child. Now for the fun. I looked at the patient care records to see what types of activities they had done in the past. It was boring, so I have three days, introduced me to all residents and get to know them, I asked what activities they enjoy it and they had many suggestions. I started the day with a group in the dining room. We had coffee, juice, pastries and fruit served. I would take the local newspaper and read the headlines. If anyone was interested in hearing more, I want to read the whole article. She seemed to really enjoy this and updates on locally, regionally, nationally and internationally. Many have their vision to the point where it is difficult to read, but he had a strong interest in hearing me read the lost document. (You should see Sports) The AAT is a wonderful experience for the residents. There are many beautiful people who give their time to call a dog or cat for a visit to volunteer. Some residents were far behind people, but good for the animals. It was boring, so I have three days, introduced me to all residents and get to know them, I asked what activities they enjoy it and they had many suggestions. I started the day with a group in the dining room. We had coffee, juice, pastries and fruit served. I would take the local newspaper and read the headlines. If anyone was interested in hearing more, I want to read the whole article. She seemed to really enjoy this and updates on locally, regionally, nationally and internationally. Many have their vision to the point where it is difficult to read, but he had a strong interest in hearing me read the lost document. (You should see Sports) The AAT is a wonderful experience for the residents. There are many beautiful people who give their time to call a dog or cat for a visit to volunteer. Some residents were far behind people, but good for the animals. It was boring, so I have three days, introduced me to all residents and get to know them, I asked what activities they enjoy it and they had many suggestions. I started the day with a group in the dining room. We had coffee, juice, pastries and fruit served. I would take the local newspaper and read the headlines. If anyone was interested in hearing more, I want to read the whole article. She seemed to really enjoy this and updates on locally, regionally, nationally and internationally. Many have their vision to the point where it is difficult to read, but he had a strong interest in hearing me read the lost document. (You should see Sports) The AAT is a wonderful experience for the residents. There are many beautiful people who give their time to call a dog or cat for a visit to volunteer. Some residents were far behind people, but good for the animals. It was boring, so I have three days, introduced me to all residents and get to know them, I asked what activities they enjoy it and they had many suggestions. I started the day with a group in the dining room. We had coffee, juice, pastries and fruit served. I would take the local newspaper and read the headlines. If anyone was interested in hearing more, I want to read the whole article. She seemed to really enjoy this and updates on locally, regionally, nationally and internationally. Many have their vision to the point where it is difficult to read, but he had a strong interest in hearing me read the lost document. (You should see Sports) The AAT is a wonderful experience for the residents. There are many beautiful people who give their time to call a dog or cat for a visit to volunteer. Some residents were far behind people, but good for the animals.
0 comments:
Post a Comment